Soooo I should have a book review up on Tuesday but as of right now I just haven’t had the time to write anything worth posting. I’ve been busy with school work and have been a little lazy over spring break when it came to this blog. So um sorry about that! I’ve seen this floating around but I don’t remember what blogs I’ve seen it on. Feel free to comment on any of the facts and share a few about you in the comments below!
Also! Happy early Easter! If you celebrate it I hope you have a great Sunday with your family and friends!
1. I’m currently in a bad book slump and I’m trying very very hard to get out of it. It’s a slow process but it’s working.
2. I buy way too many books and it’s come to the point where I haven’t read at least 1/3 of the books on my shelf.
3. I’ve always been a reader and I don’t really plan to stop reading ever because why would I?
4. One of the first books I remember buying with my own money was a vocabulary book from an elementary school book fair. It’s because of that book that I knew the word diminutive in the third grade lol.
5. I love going to second-hand book shops. Not only for the good deals but the atmosphere is almost always amazing.
6. I tend to put off doing school work just so I can read a new book that I bought (and then I normally regret it when I’m staying up until 2 am finishing my history work).
7. I normally hate reading on my phone but since I’ve started using Netgalley, I’ve been reading on my phone a lot more (and enjoying it).
8. I started this blog two years ago and then I didn’t post for about four months but now I’m back on here for good and I’m really happy about that because I love talking about books
9. I love to write and I tend to come up with some pretty decent book plots but I can never commit to writing the whole thing.
10. I either have to read in silence or if I’m in public I have to put classical music on because I always get distracted by people’s conversations.
11. I love reading outside in the sun because it’s just so nice to have natural lighting and the sun just feels so nice on my skin.
12. Some of my favorite authors are Cassandra Clare, Sarah J. Maas, Frances Hardinge, and Leigh Bardugo. I would definitely recommend any of their books! Except maybe Cassandra Clare’s middle-grade series…I didn’t finish the first book so I can’t really recommend it.
13. During the summer or on breaks when I don’t have any work, I am able to read an entire book in one day. Of course, it depends on how big the book is but sometimes I will dedicate an entire day just to reading.
14. I wish I had started keeping track of the books I’ve read much earlier than I did because I know there are plenty of books that I’ve forgotten about.
15. I absolutely hate when I lend a book to someone and it comes back to its home with a cracked spine and dog-eared pages. It’s only happened once and since then I’m very hesitant to lend out any of my books, especially any paperbacks.
16. Ever since I got back from living overseas I’ve been spending a large portion of time on or in Barnes & Noble. It got to the point where I had to get a Barnes & Noble membership because I was always ordering or just buying in store. I just cannot help myself because there’s always a book I need on my shelf.
17. I really love to read classics and I’m trying to buy more so that I can read even more of them!
18. I wouldn’t buy an entire series in multiple covers but I am all about owning more than one edition of a book! Books are just so pretty! I mean if there’s a new cover and B&N has a signed copy then why not.
19. I love the Mortal Instruments series and I didn’t think the City of Bones movie was that bad but I cannot stand the TV show. I thought the first season was okay but I cannot handle the acting in season 2. I’m only going to finish the season because I bought a season pass.
20. I have upwards of 150 books on my shelf alone but I have a lot of E-books/digital books as well. I’m just hoping that the house I move into next has enough room for all of my babies. By babies I mean my books and all of my plants lol.